Navigating Through COVID-19
Last Updated Friday, May 29, 2020 4:00pm
As businesses start to reopen and things are getting back to “normal” here in South Carolina, we wanted to let you know about additional measures we’ve put in place in response to COVID-19.
Since this all started, moving companies have been considered an ESSENTIAL BUSINESS, which has helped us get a head start on additional safety protocols. To date, we have not had any schedule disruptions and moves continue to take place as scheduled. We will continue to follow the latest developments relating to COVID-19.
At Soda City Movers, the safety of our customers—and our people—is a top priority. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, it’s important to know that at this time, Soda City Movers is still performing moves as scheduled. However, here’s a few important things you should know:
- We are utilizing new technology to allow our office staff to work remotely from home, so we remain fully operational to address the needs of our customers, with only essential staff in the office.
- Our office is closed to the public. Boxes and packing materials can still be picked up outside if ordered in advance.
- Our field staff (drivers/movers) morning arrivals have been staggered to adhere to the latest recommendation of not gathering in groups of more than 10 people.
- We continue to follow the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to ensure a clean, sanitized, and safe workspace – including our trucks and equipment.
- Due to the nature of our business, we are unable to wear masks and gloves for liability purposes while on the job. We have instructed our movers to keep their distance from the customers and hope that you do the same.
- Instructing employees to stay home for 2 weeks when sick and/or schedule an appointment with a physician in an effort to rule out COVID-19.
- Continuing to instruct all staff to frequently wash or sanitize hands and to avoid touching their faces and to practice social distancing both at home and when moving customers.
- For added safety, we recommend our customers wipe down their surfaces before the movers arrive and after the movers depart.
Again, at this time, moves will take place as scheduled. If this changes we will let you know with as much notice as possible, but please understand that we may be forced to make abrupt changes if new information presents itself to us. Additionally, if you feel you need to postpone or cancel a reservation for your move, there will be no penalty to do so.
We are so fortunate to have earned your trust and we promise to keep you informed as new information becomes available. You can count on our service, support, and communication as we work through this unique challenge together. Stay informed, stay safe, and most importantly – wash your hands and take care of those around you. Give us a call or shoot us an email if you have any questions in the meantime.