MOVING DURING A PANDEMIC
what we’re doing to keep you safe amidst covid-19
We’d like to take a moment to assure you that we’re doing our best to take additional safety measures in response to COVID-19.
Our additional precautions have been in effect (and have been evolving) since March 16, 2020. Since businesses began shutting down, moving companies were considered an essential business, which helped us get a head start on additional safety protocols. To date, we have not had any schedule disruptions and moves continue to take place as scheduled. We believe that is because our staff (and customers) are doing their part to be safe. We continue to monitor the numbers provided by DHEC and remind our staff frequently about the importance of taking additional precautions.
At Soda City Movers, the safety of our customers and staff is always a top priority. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, it’s important to know that at this time, Soda City Movers is still performing moves as scheduled. However, here’s a few important things you should know:
- We are utilizing new technology to allow our office staff to work remotely from home, so we remain fully operational to address the needs of our customers, with only essential staff in the office. We are also providing free virtual on-site estimates via Facetime, Zoom, or Google Meets.
- Our office is closed to the public. Boxes and packing materials can still be picked up outside if ordered in advance.
- Our movers’ morning arrivals have been staggered in order to keep fewer personnel in one place at one time
- Our morning meetings are held outside (yes, even on the cold mornings) while maintaining safe distances.
- We continue to follow the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to ensure a clean, sanitized, and safe workspace – including our trucks and equipment.
- We provide masks to every employee and ask that they wear them as much as possible throughout the day, although it is not a requirement at this time. Due to the physical nature of our business, additional “fresh air” breaks may be needed, but you will not be billed for that time. We cannot wear gloves for liability purposes while on the job. We have instructed our movers to keep their distance from the customers and hope that you do the same.
- Instructing employees to stay home for a minimum of 5 days when sick and/or schedule an appointment with a physician in an effort to rule out COVID-19.
- Continuing to instruct all staff to frequently wash or sanitize hands and to avoid touching their faces and to practice social distancing both at home and when moving customers.
- For added safety, we recommend our customers wipe down their surfaces before the movers arrive and after the movers depart.
- PLEASE let us know if you or someone in your household is recently or currently sick. We do not want to put our team in an unsafe position. If you or someone in your family is showing symptoms related to COVID-19, we ask that you contact us to reschedule your appointment.
Again, at this time, moves will take place as scheduled. If this changes we will let you know with as much notice as possible, but please understand that we may be forced to make abrupt changes if new information presents itself to us.
We are so fortunate to have earned your trust and we promise to keep you informed as new information becomes available. You can count on our service, support, and communication as we continue to work through this unique challenge together. Stay informed, stay safe, and most importantly – wash your hands and take care of those around you. Give us a call or shoot us an email if you have any questions in the meantime.